Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week 1

The Islander: you're weekly access to all things Team Shipway



Some weekend quickies:

Name of the week: Hampus Lindholm

Hampus is the6th overall pick in the 2012 NHL draft by the Anaheim Mighty Ducks

runners up: Pantilus (check spelling) the aquatic dinosaur, Nail Yakopov, and Bastian Schweinsteiger

Inspiring Lyric of the Week: this time from the man himself, Lil Wayne (From "Always Strapped")

Im the hottest s*** jumping out the coffee pot
man I'm just tryin to get my spot like a polka dot
lil kush make my eyes and my shoulders drop
lil syrup and I can make the soda pop
keep talkin I can make my soldiers pop

real n****z ridin wit me till the motor stop 
I got these hoes straight livin out the soap op
I got a couple like a coat top, ok?

#art

A Note from Conspiracy Theorist: Where we take circumstantial or incomplete evidence and draw definitive, concrete solutions proving that the government and/or your family are out to get you.

On the subject great of names, last week the Shipway Clan gathered in full to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. We got talking about great names and Dave Miller regaled us with the saga of an Indian guy he knew at Johns Hopkins named Sukdith Punjastikul (supposedly pronounced Sukdik Poonjesticle). He swore this was the truth and that every one called him "Suky" for short. According to the Internet, Sukdith is now works in the Norris Cotton Cancer Center at some no name school in Massachusettes called Dartmouth College. A likely story. He even has Facebook... with no picture and no friends (see below)... interesting. This is where things get fishy. We looked up other great names on the Internet which were things like Ana Molly and Tyler R. Swing (Ty for short) which Miller scoffed at because they were obviously fake. He apparently knows a fake when he sees it. He also claimed that old Suky changed his name to be less hilarious to the average American after we looked him up and noticed that the spelling he had and the written spelling were different. Now, it is obvious to me that Sukdith Punjestikul is a creation of College graduates designed to poke fun at the ignorance of those without higher education. This is proof that people with college educations from big name schools including Barack Hussein (try telling me he's not an Arab) O-bomb-a (that just gives it away) are poking fun at us. It makes you wonder what else they are conniving in order to trick us. Global Warming? The Holocaust? A debt crisis overseas that somehow "affects" us? (In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot of water in the way!) What they don't know, is that I am on to them. Don't believe me? email old Sukdith yourself and let us know how it ends: Sukdith.Punjestikul@Dartmouth.edu

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php? id=100000692547783&sk=friends&ft_ref=mni

And Now the Week in Pictures:
 A van I'm borrowing from a client and portable toilet seat
 Power-washing Southwind before bottom paint
 Before
 During
 After (I have some blue hair too)
 Isn't she lovely? that's not a mark its a reflection on the paint's shine
 off to the landing for launch
my teaching vessel has arrived!
see you next weekend on The Islander

No comments:

Post a Comment